Welcome to Beginner's Photography Classes - the blog about everything I would learn if I was to pick up photography, today.
The aim of the blog is to be the center of the most helpful information, and examples I can give on photography to get you all from "P" mode to "M" mode on your dSLR in quick digestible lessons on essential photography fundamentals of the camera; interview videos with professional photographers of different styles and genres.
Just like the name, I will post lessons on photography and focus on topics that matter to new photographers and advanced hobbyist only. For more advanced photographer, I have written notes that target the business of photography from portfolio presentation to cost-of-doing-business. Should you ever wonder if taking the traditional path in photography. Neither by taking courses at an accredited university, or make a decision to self-teach yourself. This blog aims to be the best sources of information on for you.
This blog is written by one person, Charlie Wang (me!). And I would love for you to follow me on Google+. So you won't miss even one update. Click on the red button below.
What's in store for you are...
- Photography Classes' Lessons on
- Lessons camera types from the dSLR to EVIL cameras.
- Your fundamental to advanced camera functions.
- How to handle your camera like a pro
- How to shoot like a pro through breathing techniques; panning the camera; using 3-points of contact, and more.
- Introduces you to different kinds of camera support - tripods, camera stands, mono-pods, etc.
- Introductions of photography styles
- Traditional genres like photo journalism, events, weddings, portraits, headshots, baby/children, etc. just to name a few.
- Niche genres like light painting, long exposure, double exposure, infrared photography.
- Composition basics
- Rule of 3rd and horizon line.
- Basic digital darkroom setups
- Wacom Tablets.
- Computers and storage.
- Online portfolio and presentation.
- Focus on the career and business of photography
- Interviews with photo professionals, workshop and school's instructors, and with top accredited college and university's faculties and representatives.
So add me G+ to be notified of new lessons and notes:
So why you want to learn from me?
You don't! In fact, that's what I did. I was completely self-educated, when I knew full well I wanted to be a professional photographer. Those days were still "pre-internet", and YouTube was still pumping out, almost exclusively, funny cat videos... (and pirated movies). I stress on the "Pre" because today's internet is an incredible place to learn. There are even online college degrees from accredited universities, and no it's not Phoenix.
What I want to do with this blog is to be the center of information that I needed when I was self-educating to be a professional photographer. Just enough technical stuff that get you to function well on the field, and lots and lots Shooting! When I began, a professional photographer, Derrick Gomez, said to me to "stand in front of interesting things" to take "interesting photography". And that's what I did, and that is what I urge you to do.
Gwyneth says "Do come back now!"
I can't keep up this blog without my sponsors at Amazon, Kelby Training, Digital Rev, and you! Thank you so much! If you like what I'm doing and would like to help me spread the word about this blog, give it a Like or Share my link on your Facebook or G+ page.
And if you shop at Amazon, you can support me by clicking on my affiliate link below. I do get a commission to whatever you buy within 24 hours after you click the link, and it's no extra cost to you. Just my sponsors rewarding me for your traffic and time.
If you've read this far, I shall treat you to this video of my daughter when she was 4 months old. She will without doubt bring a smile to your face as it does for me =)